Kent County Council information
The Freight Action Plan sets out what KCC has already achieved, the roles and responsibilities of the major stakeholders of freight traffic in Kent and outlines five key actions to help mitigate the negative impacts of road freight to the county, which are as follows:
1. To tackle the problem of overnight lorry parking in Kent
2. To find a long term solution to Operation Stack
3. To effectively manage the routeing of HGV traffic to ensure that such movements remain on the strategic road network for as much of its journey as possible
4. To take steps to address the problems caused by freight traffic to communities
5. To ensure that KCC continues to make effective use of planning and development control powers to reduce the impact of freight traffic
This consultation is an opportunity for people and organisations within Kent to express their views, including the extent to which they agree with our actions and approach to freight issues.
Please visit the Kent County Council website to access the consultation – http://consultations.kent.gov.uk/consult.ti/freightactionplan/consultationHome
The consultation runs for eight weeks until Sunday 12th March.